Marketing & Leasing
As any landlord will tell you, vacancy can be your number one expense if you’re not diligent! Keeping your properties occupied and cash flowing is our top priority.
Good marketing is crucial to keeping your properties occupied and producing income. We employ a number of strategies to make sure we are reaching the largest number of potential tenants possible. When done right, proper marketing pays for itself many times over!
The following are just some of the components of our marketing strategy.
- We run rental comps to make sure your rental is priced right.
- Suggestions for improvements. Often minor cosmetic fixes can pay for themselves many times over by attracting a good tenant quickly.
- All properties are listing on our web site.
- An email blast of your property to our mailing list of renters in the Indianapolis area.
- Syndication of your rental property listing to real estate listing web sites such as Zillow, Trulia and HotPads.
- Most importantly, we answer the phones!
Good screening is absolutely critical, and can make or break your investment. This is often overlooked by landlords. Before moving a tenant in, we do the following:
- Collect information on the tenant’s employment and previous residences.
- Run a criminal background check.
- Run a credit check.
- Check for past evictions.
- Verify the tenant’s employment and income.
- Call previous landlords for references.
Click here to read more about our tenant screening procedures.
We take a number of steps to ensure that your leasing is done properly, including the following:
- Signing of detailed lease agremeements that outline the responsibilities of all parties.
- Collections and escrow of security deposits.
- Move in and move out checklists.
- Assessment of condition on move-out and any applicable security deposit deductions.